Friday, January 30, 2009

Economic Slow Down

Well I guess the economic slow down finally caught up to me! I am not panicking... Yet. I was called into HR and was told that they were going to restructure the jobs and that my position would no longer be required.

I will get unemployment and will be just fine. I am just worried about not having health insurance. The insurance I had was wonderful and paid for my lapband... what now!? I am at good restriction so I will hope that I find another job that will cover fills... That's gonna be tough I think. I will have to research that one.

I leave for Hawaii next week so I don't wanna stress it too much I have been looking forward to this for so long.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG... It would be so scarey. I remember getting laid off in 2006 and it took a while to find something. BUT I found an even better job and great insurance! Maybe their is a silver lining in this situation! Hang in there!

Beth said...

I'm so sorry to hear it, Brandy. :(

I've wondered about what happens if we switch insurance... what happens with our fills? Are they covered? I'm contemplating a move (been looking, at least), and that has had me a bit worried.

You'll bounce back after the wedding.

Angi said...

wow Brandy. that totally sucks. I agree with Ronda, maybe this will be a cool new opportunity, and you'll get an awesome, new job!!!